back ground

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ups and downs of the month

Made dinner, bathed rabbit, went shopping, brought pigs head for dog, realized you had to cook the head first, organized Lenin cupboard,cooked tea, burnt tea, set off fire alarm, undercooked rice, made my first scrap booking page, went to wellington, played with kitten,came home, caught animals in washing, rewashed washing, cooked an amazing dinner, 2 knights in a row, turned up to work when it was closed, turned up late the next day, spent time with girls next door, got sick, punished josh, got a promotion yay me!!!


As we can see my month has been pretty busy and i have no idea how i manage to fit everything in .( personally i think its because I'm amazing) Saying that i have had a few blonde moments to say the least. Like.. buying a pigs head at the supermarket. Thinking this is a great buy at $2.00, I'm sure the dog would love this. (well first of all in the bag it was in didn't show it had eyes-serious-ly gross, I really dislike food that looks at you. And secondly if i had realized you had to boil the pigs head before you gave it to the dog, i really wouldn't have bothered) in Hines sight it really wasn't a well thought out plan.

Or... turning up to work at 9am on Good Friday, sitting around for half an hour wondering why the store wasn't open and why no one had turned up (to be fair though I had told at least 5 people that i was planing to go to work on Friday, and not one of them told me the shops would be closed. Including my partner who thought the ****house was a special store with special rules, or the guys next door who I was having drinks with the night before and explained to them why i was leaving early, to make sure i would get enough sleep for work the next day (yeah-thanks guys :( so could have stayed all night)

And lets not mention my E P I C attempts at cooking. Setting the fire alarm off due to burning items on the stove, orthe other extream of undercooking and serving up UN cooked rice. To make things worse when i was serving up my  meal, which actually looked amazing, i was actually thinking to my self OMG Nicole I think i have finally cooked rice to perfection! With out burning it to the bottom and having over cooked it (i was so proud) well needless to say that was short lived as the first mouthful took minutes to chomp as it was so hard and really uneatable. But at least the dog got dinner that night.

On much brighter notes i managed to cleaned up my linen cupboards and house which was a days work in its self and  I am able to report it that it doesn't look like that now ( I'm not sure what happened, the universe is out to destroy my spirits, and make what was once organized into a tangled mess, but this proof shows that it was fantastic when it was tidy. 


I managed to bath bandit again, as he keeps sitting in his litter tray and was starting to smell bad... realllll  bad. And have done enough washing that you would think I had a full house. Sadly this is not the case. I just happen to have misbehaved, spoilt animals who think it is fun to play and sleep in my clean washing, and although they are super cute I'm not really a fan or washing...
come to think of it I'm not really a fan of house work..
so having to rewash all my washing again ....
well i was less than impressed...




But above all the best part of this month was i got to go back ton wellington to see the family, i caught up with friends, saw my mother in laws new kitten and went to dinner all, dad brought me a new phone and although my family is very dis-functional at the moment and things are really not as happy as i thought they were back there is was soooo good to see everyone again and really made me realize, home definitely is where the heart is, and although i miss my family heaps when I'm gone i missed Josh that little bit more. so whilst we are together he is my family and is where my heart is and Whangarei is now the place i call home... the place where my new friends are (you guys are amazing :) hehe ) and where my own baby's are where josh is . Love you xxx



2 comments:

  1. Hey gorgeous girl - I think I need to teach you how to cook rice in the microwave? You'll get there! ;)

    ReplyDelete