back ground

Monday, May 9, 2011

A night of hell

7th of may 2011,
Approximately 9.17pm
Location Whangarei traffic lights turning on to Banks Street



The lights were red and i had just picked josh up in his drunken state from the club rooms.
I was in a bit of of a bad mood to start with as i had text josh after work at 6pm asking what he was up to expecting to get him from the club rooms at that stage, only to received a text saying we were playing in Dargivile and we are on the way home now. (yeah heard that one before) So i reckon a road trip in the bus from Dargivile , well i guess that's about an hour tops. 8.00pm and still no word, a follow up text was sent only to received drunken mess that implied i would be up waiting for his sorry ass all night- and boy would he be sorry when he got home- 8.30pm another follow up text... Reply J: on way home I'm drinking, but i have a surprise for you. 9.00pm a text from J: come pick me up. I arrive to see my drunken boy friend guzzling down another beer and telling me he want to go home and that he got player of the day, repeated at least 5 times if not more.

As Josh was in need of sobering up and i hadn't eaten all day i decided to go to Mc Ds before going home. But what a mistake that turned out to be. I had stopped at a red light and some drunken Maori Decided to start a fight at us and start ranting off how this was a slow down zone and that my driving could kill some body that i was some stupid F#@% head. For the first time ever josh was actually calm and just brushed it off and told him to calm down. This up set the Ugly Maori and his friend who decided to reach into the car and smash Josh in the head through the half open window. Josh was now pissed off and started spilling his beer in my car to try and smack him back while his friend decided to get in the action and gang up. Meanwhile I'm screaming at josh not to get out of the car and telling the Ugly Maori we didn't want any trouble praying for the light to change green. The guys still throwing punches and telling me to F$%# up or id be next which just made josh madder and i was pulling with all my might to keep him in the car (because if Josh got out I know he would win he could beat both guys but the damage he can do would have left Josh in Jail and the idiots off Scot free. The lights turned and i zoomed off while they continued to swear. I was so shaken up then Josh decided to abuse me for not letting him out because he could take them on etc so suddenly became my fault. Not caring that i was so shaken up i could barley drive. it was one of the most scary things i have gone through and I'm so glad its over but i really hope he gets what is coming to him. I'm so grateful we walked out of it OK but it really makes me wonder if we made the right choice in moving. That shit never would have happened to us back home. :(

HOWEVER when we got home after josh managed to spill half a bottle of beer in the car 3/4 of my hot chocolate on my gear stick, a large coke drink in my living room floor and chips and salad as well, he did give me a big hug and felt bad that i was put in that situation.

The next day we went out to dinner as Josh's prize for player of the day was a $50 voucher to Raynos bar and grill there sponsor we managed to have a lovely meal out something that hardly ever happens due to costs and wound up being a cheep night at $12 :). Was defiantly needed after the horrible experience of the night before...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds terrible... Glad you guys were okay... Not all of us Maoris are like that idiot.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah was pretty terrible.. and thanks.. and haha yeah i know not all Maoris are like that , not all are ugly either :) hehe

    ReplyDelete